2016 – 2017 Reflections Theme
What is Reflections? Reflections is a nationwide contest meant to give students the opportunity to explore and learn about various art forms.
What is the 2016-17 Theme? “What Is Your Story?” Keep the theme in mind when considering your project ideas.
What are the categories I can enter? Read the specific guidelines for categories found at http://www.utahpta.org/reflections
Here are just a few ideas:
- Literature (write a short story, reflective essay, drama, narrative or poem)
- Musical Composition (sing or play an original song and in any music medium like, rock, jazz, religious, orchestral, a cappella, choral, band, blues or hip-hop)
- Photography (take pictures using various and different lens and lighting)
- Visual Arts – 2D (create a picture using crayons, markers, paints, metal punch-out, computer generated or picture collage).
- Visual Arts – 3D Art (create a sculpture, jewelry, mobile or ceramic piece).
- Dance Choreography (perform an original dance in the style of ballet, contemporary, jazz, hip-hop, ice skating, color guard or gymnastics)
- Film Production (animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, multimedia)
Entries are due by 2:30, Wed, Oct 11, 2016 in the office
For more information see attached flyer HERE